Monday, October 13, 2008

Lack of Sleep

So to be perfectly honest right now...
I have reached my breaking point...
not like breakdown or anything like that but energy wise...
As of right now i am running on an hour and a half of sleep...
which is okay..
I have gone on with less... 
but the past weeks not being able to sleep until around 4:00 am.
Then having to get up for work the next morning working the whole shift going home working on homework then doing it all over again... The disease in which i call tiredness creeps up on you...

There is usually a point every once and a while that your mind starts to slow...
it is harder to focus on certain things...
In a sense you hit a wall...
you feel the effects of the lack of sleep all at once... you feel like the joker in the edgar allan poe story being inclosed in the wall... being overwhelmed with the effects,
in a way feeling trapped.

The longest i have gone on without sleep was one summer went almost a full work week...
it was about 4-5 days or so...
It was scary to be honest....
I started seeing a few things that were not there and it took me out for about a day...
but again... it creeps up and just takes over.

when i get extremely tired i sleep with my eyes open...
weird ... yes, i know...
there are pictures somewhere of the event... i did not believe it either...

eh i feel tonight will be another restless night...

"We imagine we are climbing; every step is about 20cm high, terribly exhausting and where does it get us? Nowhere; we don’t get one step further or higher. Descending, rolling downwards deliciously, doesn’t work for us either."

2 comments:

Pam said...

Yikes...you should listen to the soothing sounds of Jack Johnson and drink some sleepytime tea. That always helps me.

But yeah, I feel ya. Not to the extent that you're going through, but I'm working my ass off this semester...seems to be the common theme this year.

Gee_Dogg_24 said...

I do listen to JJ or sometimes I have an app that plays rain. I also made a sleep Playlist. I only have sleepy time tea on very special occasions. I believe you are the one that got me on the sleepy time. I would always have a glass of sleepy time right before a show...
you be missed...